14 August 2007

We have lost one of our own; TSgt Joey Link, Rest in Peace.



With a sad heart I report that we have lost one of our own. I was trying to wait to post this until the final autopsy report was available but it looks like that will take a while. I did not know Joey Link, he must have come to Dyess just as I was leaving but I can not tell you how close to home that this hits. I think it would almost be less shocking if it had been a result of war or an accident but from a simple trip that we have all taken dozens of times? Rumors are spreading that it was a result of a spider bite while in Djibouti but who knows? I will wait for the report. TSgt Joey Link Passed away Sunday August 5th in Landstuhl Regional Medical Center Germany. My deepest sympathy goes out to all of his family.






As always, Patriot Guard was on the ball and did a great job organizing the ride.
Stars and Stripes

Dyess AFB News

Legacy Guest Book




Rest in Peace Joey

No comments: